Thursday, 28 August 2014

BIRCHBOX UK August 2014




What I got in this month's BirchBox:
Nude ProGenius Omega Treatment Oil
Nude - Nude ProGenius Omega Treatment Oil
Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator
Vasanti - Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator
Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil
Chella - Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil
Supergoop Daily Correct CC Cream - Light / Medium
Supergoop! - Supergoop Daily Correct CC Cream - Light / Medium
Number 4 Lumiere d'Hiver Super Comb Prep & Protect
Number 4 - Number 4 Lumiere d'Hiver Super Comb Prep & Protect
The Proposal by Tasmina Perry
Birchbox - The Proposal by Tasmina Perry
This month's theme is 'Away We Go!' and includes essential travel sized products for a summer getaway. I will be taking this handy little clear case away with me next month when I go to Italy for my cousin's wedding. I decided not to make this post until I had used all of the products and gotten a feel for how they worked for me. 

My favourite item and the only makeup item this month is the Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil. This is unfortunately too dark on my skin tone to work as a highlighter but it works wonders on my waterline to brighten up my eyes and I have also tried it out as an eyeshadow base.

I was not a fan of the book chapter included in this month's box. I did attempt to read a few pages but it just wasn't my thing though I am sure most BirchBox subscribers would enjoy this Romance novel.

I used up most of the other samples quite quickly this month. I really like the Nude Pro Genius Omega Treatment Oil and found that it worked really well on my dry flakey face.

The Supergoop Daily Correct CC Cream - Light / Medium was the most disappointing product in this month's box for me. The colour was far too dark for me. I have never tried a CC cream before and was looking forward to seeing how it worked but unfortunately this particular shade just would never work on me. I also managed to squirt it out of the tube and ruin my white duvet cover.


Overall I'd give this month's box 6/10. I am looking forward to seeing what products we get in the colder months. I am hoping for more makeup products as skincare is something I am just not that interested in.

If you would like to sign up to BirchBox UK and receive £5 worth of points, click this link:

http://birchbox.co.uk/?raf=48551

No comments:

Post a Comment