Thursday, 14 August 2014

My first NYX order.

NYX is a very well known US drugstore brand that I always hear good things about, I have only ever owned a nail polish by NYX that I got at a car boot sale a couple of years ago but have lately been really curious to try out some NYX makeup. I found that they have a UK site www.nyxcosmetics.co.uk and couldn't resist placing an order. I got quite a few things as their prices are so reasonable and a few of these items were also on sale.
Butter Gloss in 'Apple Strudel'
Soft Matte Crème in 'Stockholm' 
HD Concealer in 'CW01'
Long Pencil Lip in 'Dark Brown'
Lipliner Pencil in 'Mauve'
Retractable Lipliner in 'Sienna'
Retractable Eyeliner in 'Gypsy Blue'
Retractable Eyeliner in 'Golden Olive'
Matte Lipstick in 'Whipped Caviar' 
Powder Blush in 'Taupe'
I hate to admit this but I actually discovered this lipstick & liner combo on Pinterest whilst searching for Kylie Jenner lip colour dupes. I know I feel ashamed of myself but I do real find that 90's nude overdrawn lip style very appealing.
NYX powder blush in 'Taupe' is becoming a highly talked about holy grail contour product for pale skin. I needed to try this out for myself and I was not disappointed. The colour suits my skin so much better than my Sleek Contour Kit in Light. It is a much more grey toned product which I really like. If you struggle to find a contour that does not look orange on your skin I would highly recommend this wonder product. It had unfortunately sold out on the website when I came to place my order but I found it on eBay for the same price of only £6.
Here are all the swatches of the products. I love the formulas and will definitely be trying more from NYX in the future. I think they have a much better range in shades than most makeup brands in the same price range and are overall a very good quality makeup line.

Free Shipping for orders over £35

No comments:

Post a Comment